Customers may be eligible for one bill reduction per 12 month period. Customers that meet financial hardship requirements may also qualify for assistance from the City’s Change Up Program even if they have received a bill reduction.
Plumbing Repair Reduction
Customers may be eligible for a bill reduction when plumbing problems occur on the property. Before an account can be reviewed for an adjustment, proof of repairs is required.
- Customers will need to submit the following:
- Copies of the repair bill or a written statement reflecting the item repaired and the date repairs were completed.
- Copies of receipts reflecting the purchase of parts or supplies needed to make repairs.
- After repairs have been completed, the water usage at the location must return to normal before a credit can be applied to the account.
- No more than 3 months are adjusted for any plumbing problem event.
- Only 1 adjustment is allowed per 12 month period.
- How a plumbing repair reduction is calculated
Customers may be eligible for a one month reduction of water and sewer charges by 50% after a high use bill. Courtesy reductions are used if a customer cannot identify the cause of an unexpected high use or if the cause was not from a leak that has since been repaired.