Required Paperwork

Water accounts can be opened or transferred by submitting a signed Water Service Contract Form then speaking with a Customer Care representative. First submit the form using one of the methods below, then contact Customer Care at +1 (803) 545-3300 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM to finalize your contract. Your request will NOT be complete until a representative speaks with you.

Water Service Contract Form

Ways to Submit Form


PO Box 147
Columbia, SC 29217

Fax: (803) 733-8219

In person: 1339 Main Street between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM

Important Information

→We cannot accept request for service from a third party.

→The account must be listed in the name of lessee or purchaser/owner of property.

→We will request ALL of the following information:

The street address where water service is requested.
The name to appear on your account
Mailing address if different from the service address
Social Security Number
Place of employment
Date service is to begin
Contact telephone numbers for home and work
Driver’s License, Permit or State issued I.D.
Copy of Closing statement or Lease agreement (Include the page with the name of landlord and tenant and the page with landlord and tenant signatures)

In some cases, our representative will not be able to extend service at the time of your request. You may be given additional instructions and requirements before service can be established.

Your First Bill

There is a $30.00 New Account fee added to your first bill. There is an additional $15.00 connection fee.

Water Meter and Sewer Taps

Application and payment for water and/or sanitary sewer service(s) must be made by the property owner, with the Special Services section of the Administration Division. You may contact the office at +1 (803) 545-3400 to confirm the availability of water and sewer prior to application, and to confirm water meter and sewer tap fees.

Learn More