Customers can be assured that our water is safe to drink. Our standard disinfection and treatment practices are very effective for inactivation and removal of viruses, including COVID-19. Business continuity plans have been implemented to ensure the supply of clean, safe drinking water.
To protect citizens and minimize opportunities to spread COVID-19 in our community, access to public buildings has been restricted. The following actions are being taken meet the needs of our customers while protecting public health:
- Payment Centers will be closed until further notice. Payments will be accepted over the phone, online, by mail and drop box at Washington Square, 1136 Washington Street. We encourage customers to reach us by phone (803-545-3300); by email (email@example.com); or through the MyColumbiaSC app (mycusthelp.com/webapp).
- Water/Sewer service terminations for non-payment will be suspended until further notice.
- Requests for water to be restored, payment arrangement and delinquency procedures will be modified.
- In-person water and sewer tap sales are suspended. All tap sales should be handled by calling the Department of Engineering at (803) 545-3400 or by emailing EngSpecialServices@columbiasc.gov.
- All new and post construction submittals outside of City limits should be emailed to Engprojects@columbiasc.gov. All new and post construction submittals inside City limits should be handled by contacting the Development Center at (803) 545-3420..
- Leak repair, restoration and sewer call response will continue, but on a prioritized basis. There may be a delayed response for minor issues. Please contact Customer Care through the above channels to report an issue.
The Customer Care call center will continue with normal call center operations Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with reduced staffing and response available on a 24-hour basis at 803-545-3300 for citizens to report concerns and maintenance needs. We are asking citizens for their patience because there may be longer call wait times and delays.
Citizens may also use the app MyColumbiaSC to report a concern. The City of Columbia and Columbia Water websites and social media accounts will be updated regularly. Payments will be accepted online at www.columbiasc.net/payment-center/online and through the mail to P.O. Box 147; Columbia, SC 29217. Also, customers can drop off payments at the drop box at Washington Square, 1136 Washington Street, Columbia, SC 29201.
We appreciate your patience during this difficult time.